Boost your intermittent fasting results with an effective, fasting-friendly fat burner stack.
The most appealing aspect of the intermittent fasting diet is this: it’s not really a diet - at least not in the traditional sense of “dieting”.
Intermittent fasting is primarily concerned with when you eat, as opposed to what you eat.
Essentially, as the name suggests, intermittent fasting involves temporarily abstaining from food for scheduled blocks of time to allow the body to metabolically recalibrate via fasting-related bio-pathways.
As a weight-loss strategy, intermittent fasting basically encourages the body to use stored fat, not food, as a source of energy fuel. 
After all, if you’re constantly eating, why would your body ever need to fire up its fat-burning mechanisms? It has a constantly readily available source of energy by way of all that food that you’re continually shoving in your face!
However, does this mean you have to avoid all consumables, including health supplements such as fat burners??
Can you take diet pills while intermittent fasting, or do diet pills break your fast? That all depends on the type of supplements you’re taking.
Fortunately, in this article, we’ll highlight not only one of the best fat burner supplements you can take to maximize your exercise-related fat burns but also one of the best diet pill stacks you can take while intermittent fasting without breaking your fast.
Here’s a quick look at the best diet pill formula for intermittent fasting:
Burn Lab Pro
Training on an empty stomach may help you burn stored fat, but it may also increase muscle breakdown.
Because of this, the best diet pills for intermittent fasting must not only target thermogenic fat loss but also protect muscle gains during exercise.
Enter: Burn Lab Pro, an ultramodern stim-free fat burner that helps increase energy expenditure for peak calorie-burning in support of lean body composition and enhanced athletic performance.
Burn Lab Pro works by:
- Stimulating pre-workout thermogenesis to maximize your calorie-burning capacity during exercise.
- Protecting muscle tissue against the protein-damaging bio-pathways associated with exercising on an empty stomach.
- Encouraging the use of stored fat instead of glucose and muscle protein, as energy fuel to extend workout endurance.
- Balancing blood sugar levels and regulating appetite to help curb excess food cravings and fat storage.
Get the Best Deal on Burn Lab Pro Now
Burn Lab Pro simultaneously sparks thermogenic fat loss and preserves hard-working muscle tissue to maximize your fasted training results.
With a combination of all-natural fat burners and muscle protectors, Burn Lab Pro is the perfect fasting-friendly diet pill for intermittent fasting athletes and bodybuilders. What’s more, Burn Lab Pro encapsulates its clean, green formula in prebiotic-infused NutriCaps®, a vegan capsule constructed out of fermented tapioca, or pullulan.
Stim-free and synthetic-free, Burn Lab Pro absorbs and works quickly, providing immediate pre-workout muscle health and fitness boosts while enhancing the energy expenditure benefits of fasted training.
Supplement Facts: Calcium, NutriGenesis® GTF Chromium+, Forslean® (Coleus forskohlii), HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) from Calcium HMB, Capsimax® Cayenne Pepper Extract (2% capsaicinoids), BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract (95% piperine)Get the Best Deal on Burn Lab Pro Now
Continue reading to learn more about the advantages of taking a fat burner while intermittent fasting, as well as what to look for in a fat burner supplement, so as not to break your fast and derail your IF efforts.
What Exactly is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?
Most weight loss, or “dieting,” strategies involve cutting back on certain foods or on your caloric intake altogether. This is why people often joke that you can’t spell “dieting” without the word “die”… or at least people used to say that joke before it became unbearably cliché.
The point of the joke is that diets that require you to drastically lower your calorie intake or to cut out certain macronutrients altogether are not exactly healthy for you.
Instead, today’s health and fitness strategies take more nuanced approaches to improving your …well, your health and fitness. Once such nuanced approach is called intermittent fasting:
- Intermittent fasting (IF) is an eating pattern that alternates between scheduled periods of feeding (eating) and fasting (not eating). Unlike traditional diets, intermittent fasting does not dictate what you should eat but rather when you should eat.
As such, intermittent fasting does not necessarily require that you restrict your total caloric intake, only that you limit your total caloric intake to a designated “feeding” window.
Although you should ideally orient your diet towards whole foods and nutrient density, intermittent fasting can be adopted by virtually everyone, regardless of their diet or calorie count. However, one of the (many) upsides of intermittent fasting is how, as with the adoption of all significant health habits, it indirectly impacts many other aspects of your health and fitness.
To better understand the workings of intermittent fasting, here are a few frequently asked questions on IF:
Frequently Asked Questions: Intermittent Fasting
Which is Better: Intermittent Fasting or Caloric Restriction?
You can practice intermittent fasting without caloric restriction, and you can practice caloric restriction without intermittent fasting. And, of course, you can also practice both.
However, because caloric restriction (i.e., eating less) is a natural consequence of intermittent fasting, given that you’re likely to eat less when you’re not constantly eating throughout the day, it’s better to orient your diet towards intermittent fasting over restricting your daily calorie count.
The Next Step: Intermittent Fasting + Energy Balance
Even better than calorie restriction, you should also focus more on energy balance (matching your caloric intake with your caloric expenditure) than simply reducing your calorie count. Here are a couple of reasons why:
- Calorie Restriction is Nutrient Restriction: eating less does more than reduce your calorie count—it also risks reducing your intake of essential nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, aminos, etc., which may contribute to malnourishment.
- Increasing Your Energy Expenditure (via exercise) to match your energy intake (via eating) is not only more sustainable in the long run but healthier in terms of athletic fitness, muscle strength, and vitality.
Combined with intermittent fasting, seeking energy balance by increasing your exercise activity can significantly help you improve your metabolic performance and body composition, especially as compared to straight-up calorie restriction. This is one of the keys to building muscle while cutting fat.
Is Intermittent Fasting Related to the Keto Diet?
A lot of people ask this due to intermittent fasting’s association with ketogenesis. What is ketogenesis, you ask?
- Ketogenesis is a metabolic process that breaks down fatty acids and ketogenic amino acids into ketone bodies, which serve as energy fuel under conditions of fasting or calorie restriction.
Essentially, in the absence of food energy fuel, namely glucose, the body resorts to ketogenesis, the use of stored fat, for energy fuel. Whereas the keto diet encourages ketogenesis through a high-fat, high-protein, low-carbohydrate meal plan, intermittent fasting encourages ketogenesis through the temporary abstinence of food altogether.
Naturally, the two go hand-in-hand, but you don’t have to practice the keto diet to adopt intermittent fasting; however, intermittent fasting can greatly improve your keto diet results.
What is Fasted Training?
As part of an intermittent fasting strategy, fasted training essentially involves exercising on an empty stomach to further enhance calorie-burning and expedite fat loss. Ideally performed early in the morning, fasted exercise encourages the body to burn fat for energy, resulting in a “well-fed” body throughout the day to promote appetite control and lower excess eating.
- In a 2016 study on the effect of fasting prior to morning exercise on 24-hour energy intake (eating), researchers observed that “fasting before morning exercise decreased 24-hour energy intake and increased fat oxidation during exercise.”
Is It Safe to Exercise on an Empty Stomach?
For the most part, yes.
So long as you’re taking care to eat enough (and eat well enough) during the feeding portions of your intermittent fasting regimen, exercising on an empty stomach is safe.
However, the safety and effectiveness of your fasted training also largely depends upon when you choose to exercise, not only in reference to the 24-hour daily cycle but in reference to your fast-feed schedule.
What is the Best Intermittent Fasting Schedule?
The ideal intermittent fasting + fasted training schedule involves:
- Early-Morning Exercise – to encourage increased fat oxidation and decreased 24-hour energy intake (i.e., excess eating) during the daytime.
- Early-Morning Eating – in two weight-loss interventions, participants who reported consuming more calories in the morning than the evening demonstrated greater weight loss.
With that in mind, there are several different intermittent fasting schedules that range from daily 14-16 hour fasts to weekly 24-48 hour fasts. Certainly, the ideal schedule for you greatly depends on your personal schedule—e.g., your working hours, family commitments, etc.
Even so, research suggests that early-morning exercise and eating are best for increased fat loss and appetite regulation. So, if you’re committed to a, say, 14-16 hour daily fast, it’d be best to work out first thing in the early morning and begin your daily feed with a post-workout breakfast, starting the fast in the evening.
Can I Take Supplements While Fasting?
Getting back to the titular question at hand—can I take diet pills while intermittent fasting—for the most part, yes, you can take some supplements while fasting.
Of course, macronutrient supplements, such as protein powders and intra-workout carbohydrates, are a no-go to take while fasting—although, they’re fine to take immediately after the fast. In fact, it’s perhaps preferable to end your fast with a post-workout protein shake.
But formulas powered by micronutrients, such as many nootropic supplements, caffeine pills, diet pills, fat burners, and even, to a degree, BCAA stacks, may help improve your health and performance without breaking your fast. Although, in this article, we’re primarily focusing on the IF advantages of taking a fat burner supplement.
The Advantages of Taking a Fat Burner While Intermittent Fasting
Adding an effective fat burner to your daily supplement stack can go a long way in helping you establish a solid metabolic energy balance. Especially when supplemented prior to exercise, fat burners may help enhance the upsides of fasted training while minimizing its downsides, such as fasting-related muscle catabolism (breakdown).
Taking a fat burner while intermittent fasting, especially in conjunction with fasted exercise, may help improve your fitness results by:
- Sparking Pre-Workout Thermogenesis
- Sparing Hard-Working Muscle Tissue
- Enhancing Exercise Endurance and Muscle Stamina
- Balancing Blood Sugar and Limiting Fat Storage
- Regulating Appetite and Craving Control
Altogether, the combined efforts of an effective pre-workout fat burner stack may help promote fat burning while protecting against the muscle catabolizing effects of fasting. The result is greater fat loss and greater muscle gains in a shorter amount of time.
Will Diet Pills Throw Me Out of Ketogenesis?
One of the main concerns with taking supplements while fasting: will supplements throw you out of ketogenesis?
This depends on the supplement, but, for all the listed “micronutrient” supplements, the answer is generally no. In fact, some supplements may synergize with intermittent fasting for even greater ketogenetic results, as is the famous case with MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil.
Continue reading to learn more about the best fat burner supplements you can take to boost your intermittent fasting results.
Which Ingredients to Look for in a Diet Pill for Intermittent Fasting
Though there are plenty of different types of fat burner supplements, most formulas typically amount to just overpriced, overdosed caffeine pills. While caffeine does have its thermogenic advantages, the best stim-free fat burners to take while intermittent fasting include:
1) HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate)
A bioactive metabolite of L-leucine, the most anabolic BCAA, HMB is one of the best fat burner supplements you can take while exercising on an empty stomach or calorie-deficient diet. This is in large part due to HMB’s protection against muscle catabolism (breakdown) during exercise.
HMB helps maximize fat loss and lean muscle gains by:[12,13]
- Neutralizing protein-damaging enzymes associated with fasting
- Maximizing oxygen consumption to strengthen performance
- Promoting protein synthesis within the mTOR pathway
- Encouraging the use of stored fat as fuel during calorie restriction
By protecting muscle tissue and promoting fat burning, HMB is the ideal fat burner for sculpting a lean, mean, athletic physique.
Demonstrating the fat loss and ergogenic benefits of HMB, one study from 2017 observed the effect of HMB supplementation on physical capacity, body composition, and several biochemical measures in combat sports athletes, finding results that indicated that:
“supplying HMB promotes advantageous changes in body composition and stimulates an increase in aerobic and anaerobic capacity in combat sports athletes.”
2) Coleus Forskohlii Extract (Forskolin)
The only natural source of forskolin, a labdane diterpene associated with fat loss, Coleus forskohlii is a unique fat burner that’s particularly favored by bodybuilders, given how forskolin seems to work by:
- Optimizing hormonal cell messengers known to regulate metabolism, thermogenesis, and anabolic muscle growth, as well as thyroid and testosterone activity.
- Activating the protein kinase enzyme, which in turn stimulates the enzyme lipase to catalyze lipolysis, or the breakdown of triglycerides, the building blocks of stored body fat.
By increasing activity of cAMP, forskolin initiates a cascade of metabolic bio-effects associated with thermogenic fat loss and anabolic muscle growth.
Specifically looking at the effects of Coleus forskohlii in conjunction with a hypocaloric (low-cal) diet, one study from 2015 found 250 mg of Coleus forskohlii extract, as compared to placebo, to be an effective weight loss tool. The study’s findings suggested that:
“C. forskohlii extract in conjunction with a hypocaloric diet may be useful in the management of metabolic risk factors.”
Best Coleus Forskohlii for Intermittent Fasting: Forslean®
Standardized to a potent 10% forskolin, Forslean® is the best Coleus forskohlii extract for intermittent—as well as the best Coleus forskohlii extract period. Patented and research-backed for motivating body composition away from storing fat towards building lean muscle, Forslean® is a powerful bodybuilding tool when combined with fasted training.
3) Cayenne Pepper Extract (Capsaicinoids)
A type of popular chili pepper commonly used to flavor meals, Cayenne Pepper quite literally burns fat with its spicy promotion of thermogenesis. Supplying bioactive capsaicinoids, a class of “irritating” compounds responsible for the spiciness of chilies, Cayenne pepper helps stimulate fat loss via the non-stimulatory release of catecholamines, namely epinephrine and norepinephrine.
In turn, these catecholamines promote thermogenesis by:[17,18]
- Stimulating beta-adrenergic receptors that in turn promote energy expenditure for greater exercise-related calorie-burning.
- Signaling for hormone-sensitive lipase to catalyze lipolysis or fat breakdown, and enhance fat mobilization and oxidation during and after exercise.
The metabolic benefits of capsaicinoids, namely capsaicin, work without the typical stimulatory effects associated with pre-catecholamine fat burning.
In a 2010 study on Capsimax®, a potent cayenne pepper extract brand (see below), the effects of Capsimax® on catecholamine secretion and blood markers of lipolysis were observed, with findings suggesting that:
“Low dose (2 mg) Capsimax™ was associated with an increase in blood FFA [free fatty acids] and glycerol at selected times post-ingestion, as compared to placebo,” with no noted effects on “HR [heart rate], SBP [systolic], or DBP [diastolic blood pressure,”]
The above, therefore, provides evidence of cayenne pepper extract’s use as a safe stim-free fat burner.
Best Cayenne Pepper Extract for Intermittent Fasting: Capsimax®
Standardized to 2% capsaicinoids, Capsimax® is a unique cayenne pepper extract brand that uses OmniBead™ microsphere “beadlet” technology to help eliminate the gastric burning effect associated with hot peppers without compromising this extract’s fiery-hot fat-burning benefits.
4) GTF Chromium
More than just chromium, GTF Chromium (Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium) involves a complex of molecules, in addition to the trace mineral chromium, associated with whole food sources, most notably brewer’s yeast. As a fat loss ingredient, GTF chromium helps by:
- Optimizing insulin activity and fat storage
- Supporting macronutrient metabolism
- Regulating appetite and blood sugar levels
GTF Chromium is highly valued as a promoter of lean body composition, thanks to this mineral complex’s well-documented effects on nutrient metabolism and appetite management.
Plenty of research supports the use of chromium supplementation in the context of fat-burning, including two studies—one human and one animal—that found chromium to have “a role in food intake regulation, which may be mediated by a direct effect on the brain.”
Best GTF Chromium for Intermittent Fasting: NutriGenesis®
NutriGenesis® GTF Chromium is a lab-synthesized, nature-identical mineral form that’s been cleanly complexed with natural cofactors, such as probiotics, fibers, enzymes, and antioxidants, to assist with bioavailability and bio-efficacy.
5) Black Pepper Extract (Piperine)
Often added to supplements to enhance their formulas’ nutrient absorption, Black Pepper Extract also doubles as a fat burner, thanks to the fat loss benefits of piperine, the bioactive constituent of black pepper.
Piperine takes a two-pronged approach to weight management:
- Stimulates thermogenesis for enhanced energy expenditure.
- Inhibits adipogenesis, the formation of new fat cells.
Piperine simultaneously promotes energy expenditure (calorie burning) while blocking the transformation of food fuel into stored fat.
In many supplements, black pepper extract simply makes sense, given that, in tiny amounts, this extract may significantly improve ingredient absorption and, thus, ingredient bioavailability. However, in fat burners, black pepper extract is a must.
Best Black Pepper Extract for Intermittent Fasting: BioPerine®
The go-to black pepper extract ingredient, BioPerine® supplies a highly concentrated extract of piperine at a 95% standardization. Compared to raw black pepper, which supplies only 3-9% piperine, BioPerine® is much more potent and effective at aiding with digestion and curbing significant fat storage.
Burn Lab Pro
Supporting stim-free fat-burning and muscle-building, Burn Lab Pro is the ultimate fat-burning diet pill for lean body composition.
By priming pre-workout thermogenesis and protecting muscle tissue against the deleterious side effects of fasting, Burn Lab Pro helps you get the most out of your workout and intermittent fasting regimen.
Get the Best Deal on Burn Lab Pro Now
- Calcium, 262.5 mg
- NutriGenesis® GTF Chromium+, 90 mcg
- Forslean® (Coleus forskohlii), 375 mg
- HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate), 1500 mg
- Capsimax® Cayenne Pepper Extract, 75 mg
- BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract, 3.75 mg
Burn Lab Pro combines the best fat burning ingredients in an all-natural, easy-to-absorb formula that’s free from risky stimulants and unhealthy synthetics.
There are only so many ways to burn fat, such as: (1) eat better, (2) get better sleep, and (3) exercise more. However, many fat burner supplements take only one approach: the caffeine megadose.
By stuffing their formulas with a fat dose of caffeine per serving, many diet pills offer the feel-good illusion of working—of burning fat and increasing energy expenditure—when, in reality, what they’re really doing is frying your brain and your heart health.
It's for this very reason that Burn Lab Pro has taken a different, more effective approach to burning fat, one that completely leaves caffeine and other stimulants out by the wayside. Instead, Burn Lab Pro stacks a range of fat-burning ingredients that are all together:
- All-Natural – no synthetics or artificial ingredients
- High Quality – clean, potent herbal extracts and compounds
- Adequately Dosed – everything here is properly portioned
Get the Best Deal on Burn Lab Pro Now
Inside and out, Burn Lab Pro encapsulates its all-natural fat burners + muscle supporters in clean, green, all-natural NutriCaps® capsules.
Taken pre-workout, Burn Lab Pro helps kickstart thermogenesis and protect muscle tissue under fasting conditions. However, for this to work, Burn Lab Pro's ingredients must absorb and act quickly, to ensure that your calorie-burning capacity is maximized during your workout from beginning to end.
Removed of all artificial additives and sweeteners, Performance Lab® NutriCaps® is a patented capsule constructed out of fermented tapioca, or pullulan, working as a clean delivery system that’s easy to absorb and healthy for the gut.
As such, Burn Lab Pro's formula comes with zero risky or shady ingredients that, despite being zero-calorie, might derail your fasting benefits. Only powerful, clean, green fat burners here for athletic performance of all types—aerobic or anaerobic, fasting or non-fasting.
No doubt, the most appealing aspect of intermittent fasting is that it can be performed without any other adjustments to your diet. However, of course, to actually significantly improve your health and fitness, you’ll also need to check all the other boxes required of a healthy, active lifestyle.
One of the best ways to get the most out of your intermittent fasting regimen, aside from eating right and getting better sleep, is to take an effective, fasting-friendly fat burner supplement, such as Burn Lab Pro.
By simultaneously enhancing exercise-related fat loss and reducing fasting-related muscle catabolism, Burn Lab Pro is very much a formula you want to have on your side when you take on intermittent fasting. Not only will you see a drastic shift in your body composition towards shredded muscle growth, but you’ll feel better during that transition.
And, trust me, feeling good is nothing to take for granted while trying to consistently work out on an empty stomach.
Get the Best Deal on Burn Lab Pro Now
- Ganesan K et al. Intermittent Fasting: The Choice for a Healthier Lifestyle. Cureus. 2018 Jul; 10(7): e2947.
- Fouré A, Bendahan D. Is Branched-Chain Amino Acids Supplementation an Efficient Nutritional Strategy to Alleviate Skeletal Muscle Damage? A Systematic Review. Nutrients. 2017 Oct; 9(10): 1047.
- Bassit RA et al. The Effect of BCAA Supplementation Upon the Immune Response of Triathletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul; 32(7): 1214-9.
- Anton SD et al. Flipping the Metabolic Switch: Understanding and Applying Health Benefits of Fasting. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2018 Feb; 26(2): 254-268.
- Cerqueira FM, Kowaltowski AJ. Commonly Adopted Caloric Restriction Protocols Often Involve Malnutrition. Ageing Res Rev. 2010 Oct; 9(4): 424-30.
- Hill JO et al. The Importance of Energy Balance. Eur Endocrinol. 2013 Aug; 9(2): 111-115.
- McPherson PAC, McErneny. The Biochemistry of Ketogenesis and Its Role in Weight Management, Neurological Disease and Oxidative Stress. J Physiol Biochem. 2012 Mar; 68(1): 141-51.
- Bachman JL et al. Exercising in a Fasted State Reduced 24-Hour Energy Intake in Active Male Adults. J Nutr Metab. 2016; 2016: 1984198.
- Iwayama K et al. Exercise before breakfast increases 24-h fat oxidation in female subjects. PLoS One. 2017; 12(7): e0180472.
- Rynders CA et al. Effectiveness of Intermittent Fasting and Time-Restricted Feeding Compared to Continuous Energy Restriction for Weight Loss. Nutrients. 2019 Oct; 11(10): 2442.
- Hayward S et al. Effects of intermittent fasting on markers of body composition and mood state. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2014; 11(Suppl 1): P25.
- Kaczka P et al. Mechanism of Action and the Effect of Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation on Different Types of Physical Performance – A Systematic Review. J Hum Kinet. 2019 Aug; 68: 211-222.
- Holeček M. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate supplementation and skeletal muscle in healthy and muscle-wasting conditions. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017 Aug; 8(4): 529-541.
- Durkalec-Michalski K et al. The Effect of a 12-Week Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation on Highly-Trained Combat Sports Athletes: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study. Nutrients. 2017 Jul; 9(7): 753.
- Pateraki I et al. Total biosynthesis of the cyclic AMP booster forskolin from Coleus forskohlii. eLife. 2017; 6: e23001.
- Loftus HL et al. Coleus forskohlii Extract Supplementation in Conjunction with a Hypocaloric Diet Reduces the Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome in Overweight and Obese Subjects: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2015 Nov; 7(11): 9508-9522.
- Janssens PLHR et al. Acute Effects of Capsaicin on Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation in Negative Energy Balance. PLoS One. 2013; 8(7): e67786.
- Baskaran P et al. Binding Efficacy and Thermogenic Efficiency of Pungent and Nonpungent Analogs of Capsaicin Molecules. 2018 Dec; 23(12): 3198.
- Bloomer RJ et al. Effect of oral intake of capsaicinoid beadlets on catecholamine secretion and blood markers of lipolysis in healthy adults: a randomized, placebo controlled, double-blind, cross-over study. Lipids Health Dis. 2010; 9: 72.
- Anton SD et al. Effects of Chromium Picolinate on Food Intake and Satiety. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2008 Oct; 10(5): 405-412.