Missing Sunday brunch? Make your favorites at home with this ten-minute brunch fix.
You'll love this take on a breakfast classic with a fiery Mexican twist. Featuring quick and convenient ingredients that you've got in your cupboard, you can easily layer this up in no-time.
This Mexican Beans on Toast recipe stacks the perfect balance of macros to fuel your day. The protein-rich beans and omega-fats from the avocados will provide you with steady energy release to keep your batteries charged all morning. All scooped onto an airy sourdough base for the ultimate breakfast fuel.
Beans on toast has never tasted so good.
Mexican Beans on Toast
Total time: 10 minutes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ onion, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp ancho chilli or chipotle paste
1 tbsp chopped coriander
2 large or 4 small slices sourdough
100g cherry tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
Juice of ½ lime
½ tsp salt
Garnish½ avocado, sliced
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile, dice the cherry tomatoes and mix in a bowl with the olive oil, lime juice and salt.
3. Add the beans, paprika, cumin, tomato paste, ancho chilli paste and chopped coriander. Season to taste and cook for a further 3 minutes, mashing lightly with a spoon.
4. Put the bread on to toast in the toaster.
5. Top the toasted bread with the bean mix, salsa, avocado slices and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Per serving:Calories: 454 kcal