What's for lunch? Tired of switching between the same two lunch recipes every week?
Then we suggest adding this wholesome Teriyaki Tempeh recipe to your next weekly meal prep. In under 25 minutes, you can cook up two quick and tasty portions of this Asian-inspired lunch bowl. Hungry for more? Scale this recipe by doubling the ingredients to sort your lunches out for the week.
This balanced plant-based recipe is bursting with rich flavors and nutrients. All coated in a full-bodied sticky teriyaki-style sauce to spice things up a notch.
Featuring brown rice and two servings of vegetables per portion, it packs in 9g of fiber to keep you full until dinner time. And did we mention the 28g boost of plant-based protein per serving?
This recipe can be easily adjusted to incorporate your favorite vegetables and protein sources. Mix and match to find your ideal combo to make this a lunchtime staple.
Let's get started!
Total time: 25 minutes
100g Tenderstem broccoli
1 clove garlic, diced
1 red chilli, diced
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sesame oil
120g brown rice
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Add the rice to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for roughly 15 minutes until tender.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat and add the garlic and chilli.
3. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant, then add the sliced tempeh. Cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly golden.
4. Add the broccoli and mangetout and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce and maple syrup and cook for another 3 minutes, until sticky and brown.
6. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve with the tempeh mix. Garnish with the sesame seeds.
Storage: This recipe works great as meal prep and will keep in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Per servingCalories: 480 kcal