The multivitamin is your starting point for strong masculine health.
If you are a man designing a supplement program to unleash your full potential, a good multivitamin is mandatory.
Buying a men's multivitamin can be challenging, however. There are many products on the market, and it can be hard to find one that meets your needs.
This article goes in-depth on vitamins and minerals for masculine health, the forms that yield the best benefits, and which product is the top-rated multivitamin for men.
- See the #1 Multivitamin for Men Now -
What a multivitamin can do for you
Vitamins and minerals enhance men's health in more ways than you might think. They can help to:
- Support heart health, cardiovascular function, circulation
- Spark energy in all of the body's 30+ trillion cells
- Promote healthy aging; fight cell-damaging free radicals
- Support the central nervous system and brain; optimize cognitive function
- Nourish the musculoskeletal system for strong joints, bones and muscles
- Promote healthy immune system function
- Provide key nutrients for healthy testosterone production
Essential nutrients can only deliver these benefits if you get enough of them every day.
But in 2020, even if you eat healthy, you might not be getting as much essential nutrition as you think.
That's because our food supply is simply not as nutrient-dense as it used to be.
A review of 50 years of agriculture records (from 1950 to 1999) has discovered that fruits and vegetables now appear to have less nutrition than in previous years.1
Some examples from the report showing just how much nutrition was lost in produce over the course of 50 years:
- Green Peppers: 57% less vitamin B2
- Broccoli: 60% less calcium
- Cauliflower: 58.9% less iron
- Spinach: 58.7% less vitamin C
- Honeydew Melon: 84.1% less iron
So where has all that good nutrition gone?
The researchers who authored the study suggested that the nutritional decline may be caused by:
- Dilution. Packing too many plants into a plot of farmland will reduce the nutrition available to each one.
- Hybrid plants. Fruits and vegetables are bred to grow fast; quick time-to-harvest may reduce nutrition.
- Soil depletion. Over time, soil is leached of nutrients.
- Fruit & vegetable cultivars. To max-out sales, sometimes farmers will grow cultivars that are the biggest and most colorful... but not the most nutritious.
- Pesticides & herbicides. Some toxic substances used in agriculture actually reduce nutrition.
Even some meats, dairy and other animal-based foods in 2020 may be falling short on nutrition.
Mass agriculture has also been suggested to reduce nutrition in dairy and meat foods, as well as skewing nutrient ratios.2
Of course, men with less-than-ideal nutrient levels can't place all the blame on modern agriculture.
Many additional eating practices and habits can further diminish nutritional content in foods, including:
- Cooking foods - If you are microwaving foods and boiling foods, you may be depleting their nutritional content3
- Age-related nutrient absorption issues - As men grow older, we need more nutrients, but absorbing nutrients gets less efficient4
- Stressing out - Stressful lifestyle can diminish our nutritional state.5
- Prescriptions - Drug-induced nutrient depletion is a concern, so supplement appropriately.6
One large review suggests that Americans are falling way short on some important nutrients, with researchers suggesting that:7
- 34% don't get enough Vitamin A
- 25% don't get enough Vitamin C
- 70% don't get enough Vitamin D
- 60% don't get enough Vitamin E
- 38% don't get enough Calcium
- 45% don't get enough Magnesium
If you're not eating the nutrition you need, you may be putting your health at risk. Even slightly low nutrition levels may be a cause for concern:
All these depletions and concerns are why the multivitamin is the most important supplement you can take.
“Suboptimal intake of some vitamins, above levels causing classic vitamin deficiency, is a risk factor for [health problems] and common in the general population.” – Journal of the American Medical Association8
Doing so ensures you get the essential nutrients you need for overall health, despite all nutrient-depleting factors.
How to Choose the Right Multivitamin
There are literally hundreds of different multivitamins.
Making matters more confusing are dozens of different permutations on multivitamins.
For example, there are:
These are among the most popular supplements on the market. However, they do have some drawbacks.
- The main issue with once-daily products is that they use synthetic isolated nutrients.
In order to deliver enough nutrition in just one pill or capsule per serving, once-daily multivitamins must choose nutrients with the smallest molecular footprint.
Synthetic nutrients are smaller, so you can pack more into a once-daily pill or capsule. But they are harder for the body to absorb because they lack natural cofactors.9
Whole Food Multivitamins
On the other end of the spectrum are whole-food multivitamins. These supply all of the natural cofactors that are missing from synthetic isolated nutrients.
As a result, whole-food multivitamins have a much larger serving size, but are also much easier to absorb.
Whole-food multivitamins get all of their vitamins and minerals from vegetables, herbs, fruits, and mushrooms.
Whole-food supplements are often recognized as large, tightly-compressed green tablets. For some people, these larger pills can be difficult to swallow.
These supplements start with a vitamins and minerals, and then build on nutrients designed to target more specific health concerns beyond maintaining overall health.
Examples of products in this category are multivitamins for brain, heart, energy and more.
In general, hybrid multivitamins fail.
That's because they try to do too much. By overreaching, these hybrid multivitamins may still fall short on the dosages required to produce any type of health benefit.
The multivitamin is important. It is crucial to get it right.
The most effective way to accomplish this is to get a dedicated multivitamin that designed to do one thing only: Restore nutritional wellness.
If you wish to target other aspects of health, start with a good multi and then stack on additional dedicated formulas for brain health, energy levels, testosterone support, etc.
*We suggest supplements that stack well with our top multivitamin at the end of this article.
So what is the right type of nutrient to look for in 2020?
Top Choice for Multivitamins in 2020 - Cultured Nutrients
Cultured vitamins and minerals may also be called "fermented" nutrients. Essentially, cultured vitamins and minerals are grown in a laboratory setting.
As a result, cultured vitamins and minerals include all of the natural cofactors that you would find in foods, making them easy to absorb.
Cultured nutrients are also cleaner and more eco-friendly than whole-food sourced nutrients.
Now, let's quickly list the most important 27 vitamins and minerals in men's supplements for overall health.
27 Multivitamin Essentials for Masculine Health & Overall Wellness
- Vitamin A - Supports the immune system, eye health, and proper cell growth
- Vitamin C - Raises collagen levels, which in turn helps musculoskeletal and blood vessel structure; also promotes immune system, anti-aging and vision health
- Vitamin D - Required for optimal calcium absorption which helps nourish bones; also maintains immune function, skin health and cardiovascular health
- Vitamin E - Powerful antioxidant vitamin known for supporting immune function, healthy cardiovascular performance, skin and eye health
- Vitamin K - Helps keep calcium in bones and out of the bloodstream, thereby supporting cardiovascular health and skeletal strength at the same time. Also known for its role in blood clotting
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) - Key for nervous system function, brain health, cell energy and immune performance
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - Plays a crucial role in cell energy metabolism, as well as supporting the nervous system and antioxidant defenses
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) - Promotes cell energy, central nervous system function, cardiovascular performance and hormone balance
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) - Required for production of red blood cells; also supports healthy digestion, cell energy, food metabolism
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - Helps neurotransmitter formation, cognitive function and nervous system health, cell energy and circulation
- Vitamin B7 (biotin) - Supports hair-skin and nails, cell energy and amino acid metabolism
- Vitamin B9 (folate) - Maintains cardiovascular health, reproductive health, food metabolism and brain health
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) - Energy vitamin plays a key role in cell ATP energy; also helps maintain cognitive function, eye health and cardiovascular health
- Boron - Supports bone strength, optimal testosterone levels, musculoskeletal function and brain health
- Calcium - Required for bone health and remodeling, muscle function, central nervous system health, hormonal health
- Chromium - Assists with blood sugar balance, popularly used to support fat loss programs
- Copper - Optimizes mitochondria for ATP energy production in cells; also plays a role in enzyme formation
- Iodine - Foundational nutrient for supporting healthy and balanced thyroid hormone production
- Inositol - Optimizes cell membranes, suggested to promote mood balance and neurotransmitter production
- Iron - Required for red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body; important for athletes who train hard; plays a role in cell energy production
- Magnesium - Critical cofactor for hundreds of bio-activities; helps support healthy bones, cardiovascular health, muscle function, nervous system and energy
- Manganese - Included in some multivitamins to promote flexible joints and strong bones; also plays a role in breaking down foods that we eat
- Molybdenum - Trace mineral is involved in enzymatic functions throughout the body, as well as supporting protein synthesis
- Potassium - Electrolyte promotes water balance in the body, healthy muscle function, rehydration, neurotransmission and more
- Selenium - antioxidant that promotes healthy immune system function, cardiovascular health, thyroid hormone, and healthy brain function
- Vanadium- This trace mineral is required for several life-sustaining enzymatic reactions; also supports his bone strength and healthy cardiovascular function
- Zinc - Important for masculine health, including testosterone; promotes immune function, thyroid hormone, healing, vision health and athletic performance
All of these nutrients are required in the best multivitamins for overall health and well-being in men's bodies and minds.
You can help these nutrients work better by taking them in today's cleanest, most bioavailable and effective form.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Form: NutriGenesis®
There are many different vitamin and mineral forms on the market in 2020. But NutriGenesis® cultured vitamins and minerals are the most effective you can take.
NutriGenesis® vitamins and minerals (as well as amino acids) are produced using a patented process. Here's how it works:
- Vitamins, minerals and amino acids are implanted into a sugar and protein matrix that serves as a "seed";
- The seeds are then placed into the culture, typically a probiotic or yeast culture;
- Within the culture, the nutrients then absorb nourishment and hydration; the cells divide and grow;
- When vitamins and minerals are ready, they are harvested, washed, spray dried and manufactured into supplements
Men's bodies recognize NutriGenesis® as whole-food vitamins and minerals. As a result, they are highly bioavailable, easy to absorb and bioactive -- ideal for supporting overall health.
The best multivitamins for men use NutriGenesis® to unlock the cleanest, most effective nutritional support for overall masculine health and wellness.
Top Multivitamin for Men:
NutriGenesis® Multi for Men
Performance Lab® NutriGenesis® Multi is the top choice for men of any age, featuring NutriGenesis® vitamins and minerals calibrated for men's distinct needs.
NutriGenesis® Multi for Men helps to build the strongest possible foundation for overall health and strong masculine performance.
Multi for Men is Designed for Performance
- Foundational nutritional support for healthy whole-body biological performance*
- Supports daily vitality and long-range overall health*
- Customized for men's nutritional needs, which are different from those of women*
- Stacks seamlessly with Performance Lab® formulas
Multi for Men is Healthy for Daily Use
- Supplies 27 vitamins and minerals, including 100%+ Daily Value of 17 key nutritional essentials
- All NutriGenesis® vitamins and minerals include absorption-enhancing whole-food cofactors
- NutriGenesis® is free of hard-to-absorb synthetic nutrients and isolated nutrient forms
- Delivered in 100% plant-based, prebiotic-infused NutriCaps® for digestive health and comfort*
- Ultraclean Performance Lab® design: No synthetic additives, colors or preservatives of any kind
NutriGenesis® Multi for Men is not available at Amazon, GNC. Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens or other outlets. You can only buy it here. Click below for the best deals, including buy-3-get-1-free and free shipping deals.
Boost Nutritional Status Further with Performance Lab® Prebiotic
To strengthen your status with advanced nutritional synergy, combine NutriGenesis® Multi for Men with Performance Lab® Prebiotic.
Prebiotic boosts probiotic Bifidobacterium in the gut.
Bifidobacterium probiotics enhance NutriGenesis® calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc absorption; as well as boosting natural synthesis of B-vitamins and vitamin K in the gut.
Prebiotic's key is Orafti® Synergy1: Oligofructose-enriched inulin (Inulin-FOS) from chicory root. This ultramodern plant fiber is the most research-backed prebiotic ingredient available.
Prebiotic is Designed for Performance
- Helps digestive regularity, gut comfort, efficient nutrient absorption*
- Nourishes existing gut microbiome instead of adding new probiotics*
- Promotes healthy immune system performance*
- Helps fat loss; controls appetite, reduces foods' caloric density*
Prebiotic is Healthy for Daily Use
- Supports heart; regulates bad cholesterol absorption*
- Enhances calcium absorption for bone health*
- Prebiotic-infused NutriCaps® (fermented tapioca)
Take NutriGenesis® Multi for Men + Prebiotic to efficiently and naturally optimize your nutritional status.
Maximize Your Masculinity:
Performance Lab® SPORT T+
NutriGenesis® Multi for Men stacks with Performance Lab®'s testosterone supplement: SPORT T+.
SPORT T+ reinforces NutriGenesis® Multi for Men testosterone essentials and adds raw materials for T synthesis, T release, and powerful protection against stress and estrogen.
And, SPORT T+ enhances athletic performance to help you get the most out of your natural testosterone boost.
SPORT T+ is great for muscle strength, lean body mass, virility, vitality and overall masculine performance.
Each serving of SPORT T+ supplies:
- KSM-66® Ashwagandha Extract, 300 mg
- DAA (as D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate), 300 mg
- Mucuna Pruriens Extract (15% L-DOPA), 150 mg
- Luteolin (from orange extract [fruit]), 30 mg
Plus NutriGenesis® Testosterone Essentials:
- Vitamin D, 1000 IU
- Vitamin K1 and K2, 25 mcg
- Magnesium, 25 mg
- Zinc, 15 mg
- Boron, 3 mg
SPORT T+ is Designed for Performance
- KSM-66® Ashwagandha: Shown to boost T by 17%*
- Naturally supports every stage of T production*
- Optimizes T for muscle growth, strength, athletic performance, masculine vigor, virility and vitality*
- Strengthens focus, fortitude & masculine power*
- Protects testosterone from diminishing effects of female hormones, stress, free radicals*
- Multi-pathway support for peak athletic performance and overall masculine performance*
SPORT T+ is Healthy for Daily Use
- Ultramodern vegan-friendly prebiotic-infused NutriCaps® from pullulan (fermented tapioca)
- Clean label: No additives except for natural Nuflow® Rice to help with flow during encapsulation
- Safe, legal support for healthy male T production in conjunction with strength training*
For superior results, take SPORT T+ in conjunction with strength training to supercharge T, masculine performance and peak athleticism.
Performance Lab® NutriGenesis® Multi for Men is the best product on the market for restoring nutritional wellness and building a strong foundation for peak masculine health.
Order Performance Lab® NutriGenesis® Multi today. And stack on additional Performance Lab® formulas from CORE and SPORT lines to unleash your full performance potential.