A multivitamin is the most important supplement for women's wellness.
Are you a woman seeking to enhance your health with nutrition? If you are designing a supplement program, a high-quality multivitamin should be your starting point.
But finding the right one can be difficult. There are hundreds of products on the market, and not all of them can meet a woman's distinct nutritional needs.
In this guide, we detail the vitamins and minerals you need for well-being, the most effective nutrient forms, and the one formula that best supports your overall wellness.
- See the #1 Daily Multivitamin for Women Now -
Benefits of High-Quality Multivitamins for Women
Vitamins and minerals promote women in their 20s (and all ages) well-being in many different ways. In research and reviews, multivitamin nutrients have been shown to:
- Optimize cardiovascular well-being, including heart and circulatory function
- Promote peak life energy metabolism in every single cell in the body
- Support anti-aging efforts with potent cell-productive antioxidant activity
- Enhance cognition, brain well-being, and overall nervous system function
- Strengthen bones, nourish connective tissues, and support muscle health
- Optimize immune system function
- Provide key essentials for women's hormonal and reproductive wellness
Of course, essential nutrients can only provide this support if you get enough of each one, every single day.
But due to modern factors, even females who eat very conciously may be falling short on nutrients they need to thrive.
Although dietitians may claim otherwise, in 2020 our food supply has less nutrition than in the past.
Declining Nutritional Value of Fruit and VegetablesA large research study on how nutrition in fruits and vegetables has changed over 50 years suggests that our foods now less nutritious.1
Following are a few examples of specific nutrient declines in fruits and vegetables from 1949-1999:
- Broccoli: 60% reduction in calcium
- Green Peppers: 57% reduction in vitamin B2
- Spinach: 58.7% reduction in vitamin C
- Honeydew Melon: 84.1% reduction in iron
- Cauliflower: 58.9% reduction in iron
What are the reasons behind these declines? Researchers suggest it may be due to:
- Overcrowded farm plots. In the Dilution Effect, planting crops too densely on farmland drives down the nutrition found in each fruit or vegetable grown.
- Hybrid fruit and vegetable varieties. Farming strives to grow produce as quickly as possible. Some fruits and vegetables are harvested before they reach their full nutritional potential.
- Sub-optimal soil. Good fertilization helps, but farming the same land over and over again can leave soil nutrient-depleted.
- Fruit & vegetable shelf appeal. Varieties of fruits and vegetables that are large and brightly colored sell better, but these cultivars are not always as nutrient-dense.
- Bug and weed control. Pesticides and herbicides used in agriculture can drive down the nutritional content of fruits and vegetables (and raise their toxic load).
Meat and Dairy has also experienced a decrease in nutritional value
Research has also suggested that modern meats and dairy may have less nutrition and skewed nutrition ratios.2
Nutritional status may also be negatively affected by:
- Cooking methods - Microwaving and boiling foods has been suggested to diminish their nutritional content3
- Aging - As we grow older, we have a harder time absorbing some nutrients... Just as our requirements for those nutrients increases4
- Stress - Many females lead hectic lives. Stress has been shown to diminish nutritional status5
- Prescription drugs - If you are taking prescriptions, they may be depleting your body's nutrients6
The many nutrient-depleting factors in our modern world appear to be validated by research.
In one large research review, the authors suggested that:7
- 34% of adults don't get enough Vitamin A from diet
- 25% fail to get enough Vitamin C
- 70% fail to get enough Vitamin D
- 60% fail to get enough Vitamin E
- 38% fail to get enough Calcium
- 45% fail to get enough Magnesium
Equally disturbing: Even suboptimal nutrition intake may raise health risks:
“Suboptimal intake of some vitamins, above levels causing classic vitamin deficiency, is a risk factor for [health problems] and common in the general population.” – Journal of the American Medical Association8
For these reasons and more, the multivitamin is the most important dietary supplement a woman can take.
A high-quality multivitamin is nutritional insurance, helping us to hit the daily intake we need for health to thrive – in spite of modern nutritional challenges.
But what are the best women's multivitamins to take?
How to Choose the Best Multivitamins for Women
The market is saturated with multivitamin supplements. Not all of them are good. Further confusing matters are the countless permutations, including:
Once daily multivitamins for women are popularly advertised in magazine ads and commercials, produced by some of the biggest supplement companies in the world.
In theory, once-daily multi formulas offer convenience that help you to stick to your regimen. But in practice, one-daily formulas usually fall short.
In order to cram all the nutrients females need into one small capsule or tablet, manufacturers must opt for synthetic nutrients. These synthetics have a smaller molecular size because they are isolated.
Unlike whole-food nutrients that naturally come with an array of absorption-enhancing cofactors, synthetic nutrients supply the vitamin or mineral and nothing else. This produces a smaller molecule, so more nutrients can fit in a capsule.
The problem: Unfortunately, some synthetic minerals and vitamins are harder for the body to absorb and utilize.9
Whole Food Multivitamins
Whole-Food multivitamins for women are the opposite of synthetic one-a- day products. They source their nutrients from (ideally non-gmo) fruits, vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, and other natural sources.
Because they are natural, whole-food nutrients include cofactors that enable efficient absorption and utilization by the human body.
The problem: Whole-food nutrients with cofactors have a larger molecular size. They are often presented in big, highly compressed green tablets (horse pills) that can be hard to swallow and difficult to digest.
These supplements build on an essential nutrient base with nutrients for other well-being concerns. For example, there are energy, brain, joint and heart multivitamins.
Typically, hybrid formulas leave a lot to be desired in terms of performance.
Rather than hitting good doses of must-have essential nutrients, they dilute dosages in order to fit many more herbs, antioxidants, or other compounds into the capsule.The problem: Hybrid multivitamins often fail to hit target dosages across the board.
Considering the multivitamin is the most important supplement to take, it doesn't make sense to water it down with unrelated nutrients.
The best approach is to buy a dedicated, high-quality (non-gmo) multivitamin calibrated for females' nutritional needs.
You can always stack on separate dedicated formulas for more powerful and targeted support of energy, cognition, joints and more.
Let's now discuss the nutrient form to look for in the best women's multivitamin supplements: Cultured nutrients.
Also known as fermented nutrients, cultured minerals and essential vitamins are grown in a hydroponic medium in a sterile, tightly controlled laboratory environment.
Because they are grown and not synthesized, cultured minerals and vitamins naturally include all the absorption-enhancing cofactors that we see in whole food nutrients.
But unlike whole food-sourced nutrients, cultured minerals and vitamins are eco-friendly and clean – they never see an herbicide, pesticide or GMO.
Cultured nutrients optimize nutritional status better than vitamin and mineral forms of the past.
Let's take a closer look at what many are seeking in a multivitamin for women.
The best multivitamins for women are typically:
- Encapsulated in a clean, vegan-friendly format without synthetic additives, artificial colors, preservatives, non-gmo, gluten free etc.
- Complete, with the 27 best minerals and vitamins need for bringing nutritional status up to par
- Calibrated across to match females' nutritional needs, which are distinct from those of men
Let's now do a quick rundown of the list of 27 essentials you should look for in the best multivitamins, and what each one brings to the table.
27 Nutritional Essentials for Female Health & Overall Wellness
- Vitamin A - Promotes optimal immune system function, normal cell growth, and long-range vision support.
- Vitamin C - Boosts collagen for skin, joint and connective tissue well-being; supplies antioxidant activity for eye health, immune function and anti-aging support
- Vitamin D3 - Enhances calcium absorption to promote strong bones; also optimizes immune defenses and heart health
- Vitamin E - Antioxidant for cardiovascular well-being, optimal immune defenses, skin & eye well-being, and more
- Vitamin K - Commonly associated with blood clotting, but also maintains calcium in bones while supporting overall cardiovascular well-being.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) - Supports nervous system function, cell energy metabolism, cognitive function and robust immune support
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - Helps cell energy production, strengthens antioxidant defenses and optimizes nervous system function
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) - Supports energy metabolism, heart health, nervous system function and hormonal balance
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) - Promotes red blood cell production, energy metabolism, digestive comfort and more
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - Helps form brain chemicals and optimize brain function, supports nervous system function, circulation and cell energy
- Vitamin B7 (biotin) - Supports vibrant and beautiful hair, skin and nails; also assists with cell energy metabolism
- Vitamin B9 (folate/folic acid) - Crucial for female reproductive health, also supports cardiovascular function and brain function
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) - Supports cell energy, brain & vision well-being and overall cardiovascular function
- Boron - Essential mineral for strong bones; also helps to maintain optimal brain function
- Calcium - Maintains bone mineral density; helps nervous system function, muscle function, and hormonal balance
- Chromium - Suggested to balance blood sugar levels and support fat loss in conjunction with diet and exercise
- Copper - Supports mitochondria in cells that generate energy; also helps form life-essential enzymes
- Iodine - An important nutrient for maintaining optimal thyroid hormone production
- Inositol - Promotes supple cell membranes, brain chemical balance and positive mood
- Iron - Critical for fitness buffs, this mineral enables red blood cells to transport oxygen
- Magnesium - Versatile cofactor for 300+ bio activities; helps muscle relaxation, bone strength, calm nerves
- Manganese - Promotes bone and joint function; also helps with food breakdown and metabolism
- Molybdenum - Lesser-known trace mineral required for multiple enzymatic reactions in the body; also helps to support muscle protein synthesis
- Potassium - Electrolyte promotes hydration and fluid balance; supports muscle function, cell-to-cell signaling
- Selenium - Antioxidant for immune performance, anti-aging, thyroid hormone, heart & brain health
- Vanadium- Enzymatic cofactor in multiple life-sustaining functions; supports heart health and skeletal strength
- Zinc - Antioxidant mineral for optimal immune system performance, thyroid hormone balance, eye wellness, wound healing and athletic performance
All of the above nutrients are essential for women who are striving for vibrant overall wellness.
You can maximize their nutritional benefits by getting them in an advanced new form: NutriGenesis®.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Form: NutriGenesis®
Cultured vitamins and minerals are a hot pick in 2020, and there are many versions on the market to choose from.
Of all the cultured nutrients, NutriGenesis® nutrients are the best that you can take.
NutriGenesis® vitamins, minerals and amino acids are made with an advanced patented process. Here's how it is done:
- Vitamin and mineral "starters" are embedded in a sugar and protein matrix (like a seed);
- Seeds are then transferred to the hydroponic medium and "planted" in a probiotic or yeast culture;
- In the culture, the seed nutrients absorb water and nourishment, and begin to divide, grow and thrive;
- When they hit proper nutrient density, the vitamins and minerals are collected, washed and spray dried.
NutriGenesis® nutrients are nature-identical. Your body recognizes NutriGenesis® as whole-food nutrition.
This makes NutriGenesis® comfortable to digest, easy to absorb and highly bioavailable.
Some additional NutriGenesis® advantages include:
Safe and clean: Unlike whole-food vitamins that may use herbicides and pesticides, NutriGenesis® Nutrients are clean from start to finish.
Eco-friendly: NutriGenesis® has no negative impact on the environment. No toxins, no factory farming and no strip mining for minerals.
The best multivitamins for women feature NutriGenesis® to best restore nutritional wellness.
Performance Lab® NutriGenesis®
Multi for Women
Performance Lab® NutriGenesis® Multi for Women (vegan certified) is the perfect daily multivitamin, featuring NutriGenesis® vitamins and minerals tailored to fit your distinct nutritional needs.
NutriGenesis® Multi for Women helps you to build the best foundation for your overall health.
Multi for Women is Designed for Performance
- Clean nutrition for whole-body performance*
- Supports daily vitality and long-range wellness*
- Gender-specific dosages and hormonal support*
- Stacks seamlessly with all Performance Lab® formulas (such as Omega 3)
Multi for Women is Perfect for Daily Use
- This multivitamin contains 27 minerals and vitamins, including 100%+ Daily Value of 17 nutritional essentials
- All NutriGenesis® minerals and vitamins have absorption-enhancing whole-food cofactors
- NutriGenesis® is free of hard-to-absorb synthetic nutrients (gluten-free) and isolated nutrient forms
- Delivered in 100% plant-based, prebiotic-infused NutriCaps® capsules for digestive health and comfort*
- Ultraclean Performance Lab® design: No synthetic additives, colors or preservative ingredients
Note: You cannot buy NutriGenesis® Multi for Women at Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Amazon or any other sellers. You can only get it here. Click below to get the best deals, including free shipping and Buy-3-get-1-Free deals.
Boost Nutritional Status Further with
Performance Lab® Prebiotic
If you wish to strengthen your nutritional status further, consider combining NutriGenesis® Multi with Performance Lab® Prebiotic.
Prebiotic targets and boosts probiotic Bifidobacterium in the gut.
Bifidobacterium probiotics enhance NutriGenesis® calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc absorption; as well as supporting natural production of vitamin K and B-vitamins in the gut.
Prebiotic's key is Orafti® Synergy1: Oligofructose-enriched inulin (Inulin-FOS) from chicory root. This ultramodern plant fiber is the most effective prebiotic ingredient on the market today.
Take NutriGenesis® Multi + Prebiotic to synergistically optimize your nutritional status.Prebiotic is Designed for Performance
- Helps digestive regularity, gut comfort, efficient nutrient absorption*
- Nourishes existing gut microbiome instead of adding new probiotics*
- Promotes healthy immune system performance*
- Helps fat loss; controls appetite, reduces foods' caloric density*
- Orafti® Synergy1: Chicory root (Inulin-FOS)
- Supports cardiovascular health*
- Enhances calcium absorption for bone health*
- 100% plant-based and prebiotic-infused NutriCaps® from fermented tapioca
Performance Lab® NutriGenesis® Multi for Women is the best multivitamin product on the market for women of any age. Take it to optimize wellness and build a strong foundation for wellness.
For best performance-enhancing results, stack on additional Performance Lab® formulas from CORE and SPORT lines (such as Omega 3) to unleash your full performance potential.