To optimize your workout results, you’ll need to first optimize your workout supplement stack.
Even if you’re unfamiliar with the concept of “stacking supplements,” many fitness and health enthusiasts have an intuitive sense of how taking different supplements may help you achieve different fitness goals.To burn fat, you take a fat burner.
To build muscle, you take a protein shake.
Easy as that, right??
What’s not so obvious is how to best stack multiple supplements to simultaneously maximize your fat burns and muscle gains.
Especially given that protein powder supplements aren’t the only type of supplements that help you build muscle.
In fact, the best fat burner supplements double as anabolic muscle boosters.
Likewise, taking an effective protein powder may also help you achieve greater fat loss.
And we’ve yet to mention here the fat-burning, muscle-building benefits of other pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout supplements, especially when taken together.
To produce significant weight loss and muscle gain results in a healthy, sustainable way, you’ll need a reliable stack of healthy workout supplements that not only work well on their own, but combine in such a way that synergizes, multiplies, and complements each supplement’s standalone effects.
With the supplements listed below, you’ll learn how to create the Best Combination of Supplements for Weight Loss and Muscle Gains that helps you burn fat to build muscle and build muscle to burn fat.
Here’s a quick rundown of the list...
The list of the best combination of supplements for weight loss and muscle gain includes:
- Cayenne Pepper Extract – supplies capsaicin, a fiery hot fat burner that triggers pre-exercise thermogenesis and stimulates fat oxidation.
- Coleus Forskohlii Extract – traditional Ayurvedic herb suggested to promote cAMP activity in support of muscle gains and lipolysis (fat burning).
- HMB – a bioactive metabolite of leucine, HMB encourages fat loss over muscle breakdown for exercise energy while fasting.
- Creatine – an organic compound highly concentrated in muscle tissue, where it is stored as fuel for the production of cellular ATP energy.
- Setria® Performance Blend – a premium combination of L-citrulline + L-glutathione, a pre-workout duo for enhanced N.O. boosts and muscle pumps.
- BCAAs – branched-chain amino acids, a class of anabolic amino acids suggested to improve anabolic muscle gains, recovery, and weight loss results.
- KarboLyn® – a simple + complex sport carbohydrate bioengineered to absorb faster and last longer, delivering crash-free energy to exercising muscles.
- Oryzatein® – the only certified organic brown rice protein comparable to whey protein, supplying a leucine that absorbs 30% faster than whey leucine.
- SR Beta-Alanine – an extended-release beta-alanine form that gradually increases muscle carnosine levels for enhanced muscle recovery and performance.
- Pomegranate Extract – a rich source of polyphenols, a class of antioxidants demonstrated to enhance muscular circulation and combat muscle-damaging oxidative stress.
This guide discusses how these workout ingredients can help both men and women maximize their bodybuilding efforts towards achieving a lean, cut physique.
For sake of clarity, we’ve split these ingredients into three supplement categories:
- Pre-Workout – ingredients that prime thermogenesis and muscle performance.
- Intra-Workout – ingredients that replenish energy and prolong endurance.
- Post-Workout – ingredients that recover, repair, and nourish torn tissues.
Individually, these ingredients work great for their intended tasks.
Yet, taken together, these ingredients synergize their bio-benefits to comprise the best combination of supplements for weight loss and muscle gain.
Pre-Workout: Fat Burns + Muscle Gains
Though we exercise to burn fat and build muscle, fat burning and muscle building begin before the workout even starts.
Or at least they do if you’re taking an effective pre-workout stack of supplements, such as these:
1) Cayenne Pepper Extract
One of the most effective non-stimulatory fat burners, Cayenne pepper extract stimulates the release of thermogenic hormones that spike body heat, resulting in a hot skin flush and sweating.
The bioactive constituent of cayenne pepper extract, capsaicin, seems to work by:
- Triggering thermogenesis, or energy expenditure, prior to exercise to maximize the body’s calorie-burning capacity.
- Stimulating lipolysis (fat breakdown) and exercise-related fat oxidation by promoting the activity of fat-burning hormones.
As an ergogenic, cayenne pepper extract may help prolong exercise endurance without interrupting the metabolic benefits of exercise.
This was observed by a group of researchers who studied the effects of capsaicin supplementation on high-intensity intermittent exercise to find that:
“capsaicin supplementation increased time to exhaustion in high-intensity intermittent exercise without modifying the metabolic response of exercise or the rate of perceived exertion in physically active men.”
Look for Capsimax®: a premium cayenne pepper extract standardized to 2% capsaicinoids and buffered by OmniBead™ microsphere technology to minimize the gastric burning side effects typically associated with spicy foods and peppers.
2) Coleus Forskohlii Extract
Used for centuries in the traditional Ayurvedic health system, Coleus forskohlii is a legendary herb of significant vitality-enhancing properties.
Prized today as a botanical fat burner and sexual health booster, Coleus forskohlii supplies forskolin, a bioactive labdane diterpene demonstrated to increase activity of cAMP, a signaling compound that:
- Activates hormone-sensitive lipase to catalyze the breakdown of triglycerides, the building block units of stored body fat.
- Increases activity of hormonal cell messengers that regulate metabolism, thermogenesis, and anabolic muscle growth.
Altogether, the combined benefits of forskolin’s cAMP-boosting effects may help promote a lean body composition by simultaneously boosting thermogenic fat loss and anabolic muscle gains.
Look for ForsLean®: a well-known, research-backed extract of Coleus forskohlii standardized to 10% forskolin that’s been demonstrated in research to safely help mitigate weight gain over the course of 12 weeks without any clinically significant side effects.
3) HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate)
An emerging bodybuilding ingredient favored by top fat burner supplements, HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) is a bioactive metabolite of leucine, the most anabolic amino acid of the 3 BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids).
Taken in a pre-workout context, HMB may help improve both your body composition and fitness performance by supporting:
- Anabolic Growth Factors: HMB seems to stimulate activity of muscle growth factors, contributing to an increase in protein synthesis, while protecting against the muscle-damaging effects of exercise-related enzyme activity.
- Athletic Endurance: HMB may have a buffering effect on muscle tissue, resulting in greater strength and endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic exercise.
- Lipolysis (Fat Breakdown): HMB encourages the breakdown of stored fat while protecting muscle tissue against the deleterious effects of fasting.
- Especially under conditions of fasted and fasted training (e.g., intermittent fasting), HMB is a particularly effective ergogenic for both fat loss and muscle gains. Adding HMB to your pre-workout stack may help encourage your body to burn fat for exercise energy.
One of the most popular pre-workout ingredients, Creatine is a go-to performance enhancer for many, thanks to this organic compound’s reliable boost on strength, endurance, and anabolic muscle gains.
Used to produce cellular ATP energy, creatine powers high-intensity exercise, including strength training and short-burst interval training, and may help curtail the natural creatine drop accompanied by such exercise. Creatine promotes a lean body composition by:
- Saturating muscle tissue with an additional ATP energy recharge, resulting in greater muscle strength and endurance.
- Naturally stimulating insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), an anabolic factor that promotes lean muscle development.
- Buffering lactic acid buildup in exercising muscle tissue to extend time of muscle exertion and protect against exercise-related muscle soreness.
Taken daily and consistently, creatine is a safe ergogenic aid with research-backed benefits on both muscle strength and mass gains.
Look for Creapure® pH10: a 99.5% pure form of creatine monohydrate, Creapure® pH10 is pH-balanced to boost bioavailability and minimize bloating and gastric distress side effects commonly associated with creatine supplementation.
The purity and potency of Creapure® pH10 allows for smaller dosages than your standard creatine supplement.
5) L-Citrulline + L-Glutathione (Setria® Performance Blend)
Alongside creatine, nitric oxide (N.O.) boosters rank highly on the list of most effective pre-workout supplements.
And, together, L-citrulline + L-glutathione comprise one of the best N.O.-booster stacks for improved exercise performance and lean muscle gains.
The distinct sports nutrition benefits of these PWO ingredients include:
- L-Citrulline: a precursor to L-arginine, a nitric oxide (N.O.) booster that promotes circulation and enhances delivery of oxygen and nutrient to muscle tissue.
- L-Glutathione: a master antioxidant enzyme that promotes and sustains L-citrulline’s N.O.-boosting benefits, while protecting against exercise-related oxidative stress and pathogens.
In 2018, a group of researchers observed the combined effects of glutathione (GSH) and L-citrulline (CIT) on muscle mass and performance, finding enough evidence to conclude that “supplementation of GSH + CIT during resistance training [RT] increased lean mass after 4 weeks of RT and was positively associated with muscle strength.”
Look for Setria® Performance Blend: manufactured by Kyowa Hakko Bio Co. Ltd., a world leader in health ingredient manufacturing and nutraceutical research, Setria® Performance Blend is a premium, patented combination of Kyowa Quality® L-Citrulline and Setria® L-Glutathione, two bio-advanced forms of these effective muscle-maximizing, protein-protecting pre-workout compounds.
Is Pre-Workout Caffeine Good for Weight Loss?
No doubt, one of the most popular pre-workout ingredients—if not the most popular—is caffeine, a mild stimulant that reliably boosts cognitive energy and alertness.
However, is caffeine so popular because it actually improves fitness and health, or does caffeine just simply feel good?
The answer is likely both. Especially considering that many pre-workout stacks tend to overdose their caffeine content, resulting in jittery, heart-racing side effects.
Yet, with a modest amount of caffeine balanced by nootropic L-theanine and L-tyrosine, as well as a smart, replenishing stack of B-vitamins, you may not only see significant improvements in your exercise performance but also your energy expenditure—i.e., calorie-burning rates—resulting in greater weight loss results and crash-free feel-good energy.
Intra-Workout: BCAA + Carbohydrate
For both aerobic and anaerobic—high-intensity and long-endurance—training, an intra-workout supplement taken during exercise may help sustain performance, especially as your mid-workout energy levels begin to taper off.
To extend your fat-burning energy expenditure and maximize your anabolic muscle gains, add the following intra-workout supplements to your workout routine:
1) Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are a special class of amino acids that make up roughly one-third of the protein that comprises muscle tissue. As intra-workout supplements, BCAAs rapidly absorb into exercising muscle tissue, where they stimulate muscle protein synthesis, potentially reducing post-exercise muscle soreness.[16,17]
The three BCAAs include:
- L-Leucine: the most anabolic BCAA, L-leucine assists with protein synthesis, muscle growth and repair, and bone health, while also protecting against catabolism.
- L-Isoleucine: required by hemoglobin, which enables red blood cells to transport oxygen to exercising muscles, L-isoleucine is a key BCAA for tissue healing, energy, and immune function.
- L-Valine: also assisting with protein synthesis, L-valine further enhances muscle growth, repair, and energy.
Because L-leucine is the most anabolic BCAA, many BCAA stacks tend to overconcentrate their formulas with L-leucine, supplying 4:1:1 (or even 10:1:1) ratios of L-leucine to L-isoleucine to L-valine. However, the muscle-optimized BCAA ratio, meaning the ratio that matches the natural BCAA ratio found in muscle tissue, is 2:1:1, which also happens to be the most research-backed BCAA ratio.
Don’t buy the hype: buy a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio of L-leucine to L-isoleucine to L-valine, instead.
Look for Ajipure® and NutriGenesis®: the two cleanest BCAA forms, Ajipure® and NutriGenesis® BCAAs respectively deliver a clean, bioavailable BCAA stack sourced from non-GMO gluten-free vegetables using eco-friendly Ferment-A-Pure technology and a probiotic-cultivated BCAA stack complexed with absorption-enhancing natural cofactors, such as fiber, enzymes, and antioxidants.
The harder you exercise, the quicker your burnout. Specifically, the quicker you burn out of your glycogen (stored carb) muscle fuel, which helps sustain high-intensity training and muscle stamina. Once glycogen dries up, muscle fatigue sets. No more exercise!
This explains the purpose of carb loading, a strategy to saturate your muscle glycogen reserves for peak performance and growth. Except, there’s a problem: your glycogen reserves only store a limited amount of carb energy.
This is an especially BIG problem for intermittent fasting, which often involves entering a workout in a fasted state, thus risking low glycogen reserves from the get-go. However, by offering a fast-acting, easy-to-absorb source of carb-loaded energy, an intra-workout supplement taken mid-workout may help you extend your exercise, energy expenditure, and muscle gains without burning out too early.
Whether fasting or not, having a clean, strategic source of carbohydrates to replenish glycogen stored energy—not fat storage—is key to your fitness health and longevity.
Look for KarboLyn®: simple carbs spike energy too quickly for short-duration bursts followed by a net energy crash, whereas complex carbs take too long to absorb to have any impact on your current workout. Which is why KarboLyn®, a simple + complex carb hybrid, is the best intra-workout carbohydrate for fast-acting, long-lasting boosts on muscle energy. No carb crashes or absorption delays—only clean, carb-loaded exercise energy.
Post-Workout: Protein + Recovery
When the workout ends, the gains begin. So long as you take care to protect and replenish your torn-up tissues with post-workout recovery and repair supplements.
To kickstart your post-exercise anabolic bodybuilding processes, add the following supplements to your post-workout supplement stack:
1) Organic Brown Rice Protein
Amino acids build proteins, and proteins build muscle tissue. And while supplementing BCAAs may help enhance muscle performance during exercise, taking a protein shake immediately after exercise delivers the essential protein macros required for greater muscle tissue growth and repair.
But you don’t want any ol’ protein powder supplement. The best post-workout protein for healthier weight loss and muscle gain results is Organic Brown Rice Protein.
Because whey protein, the most popular protein supplement type, is animal-based (specifically, milk-based), many fitness and health enthusiasts are reasonably turning towards cleaner, plant-based protein types, such as rice protein.
For improvements on body composition and exercise performance, rice protein supplementation is just as effective as whey protein. In fact, in a study comparing the effects of whey vs. rice protein supplementation, a group of researchers found significant improvements in lean body mass, muscle mass, strength, and power, as well as a decrease in fat mass, with 8-week supplementation of rice protein with resistance exercise.
Look for Oryzatein®: the only certified organic brown rice protein comparable to whey protein in terms of anabolic muscle gains, Oryzatein® is a clean, plant-based, gluten-free protein powder that supplies a muscle-critical leucine that absorbs roughly 30% faster than whey leucine. For both vegan and non-vegan exercisers, Oryzatein® is a superior protein powder option.
2) Sustained-Release Beta-Alanine
An advanced beta-alanine form, SR (Sustained-Release) Beta-Alanine works similar to standard beta-alanine, which improves exercise performance by increasing concentration of carnosine in fast-twitch muscle tissue, albeit with a slower delivery rate of carnosine.
Primarily intended for post-workout use, SR beta-alanine gradually raises and sustains high levels of muscle carnosine over time, remaining in the body longer than standard beta-alanine for a more significant increase in muscle carnosine levels.
The fitness benefits of beta-alanine include:
- Increased working capacity of muscle
- Delayed onset of muscle fatigue and failure
- Overall enhanced muscle strength and endurance
Look for SR CarnoSyn®: the go-to beta-alanine brand preferred by supplement manufacturers and exercisers, CarnoSyn® is a world leader in beta-alanine manufacturing and research. With over 55 studies performed on the CarnoSyn® brand, this is easily the most reliable beta-alanine option available.
3) Pomegranate Extract
Fun to eat, pomegranates are also valuable both as a health food and as a natural ergogenic aid, thanks to their high concentration of polyphenols, a class of antioxidants shown to boost neuroprotection, circulation, and resistance to damaging free radicals.
Though found in other antioxidant-rich fruits, pomegranate-specific polyphenols seem to uniquely promote muscle comfort and recovery after exercise.
In 2018, a group of researchers performed a systematic review on studies observing the effects of pomegranate (POM) supplementation on exercise performance and recovery, as well as exercise-induced muscle damage, oxidative stress, inflammation, and cardio health. Based on their findings, the researchers concluded that “POM has the potential to enhance exercise performance and to expedite recovery from intensive exercise.”
Look for P40p™ Pomegranate Extract: standardized to a potent 40% punicosides and 50% total polyphenols, 100 mg P40p™ supplies the equivalent antioxidant activity of one whole pomegranate, allowing you to reap the antioxidant benefits of eating a full pomegranate in capsule serving form.
Best Combination of Supplements for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain:
Performance Lab® SPORT Range
To get the most out of your trips to the gym, Performance Lab® SPORT offers a diverse, eclectic mix of goal-oriented:
- post-workout supplements that may help maximize your weight loss and muscle gain potential.
From priming pre-workout thermogenesis and muscle energy to protecting anabolic muscle gains against exercise-related damages, the Performance Lab® SPORT Range has your workout covered from beginning to end.
With that in mind, here are each of the formulas that comprise the Best Combination of Supplements for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain. Enjoy!
Best Fat Burner for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain: Performance Lab® SPORT Burn
Burning fat is half the battle when it comes to …well, burning fat. The other half: building calorie-eating muscle. Which is why Performance Lab® SPORT Burn, the ultimate stim-free muscle-sparing fat loss support stack, is the best fat burner for weight loss and muscle gain.
Though an effective fat loss strategy, training on a calorie deficit (or while fasting) may also increase muscle catabolism. By minimizing the risk of muscle breakdown while exercising in a fasted state, while simultaneously priming the body’s pre-workout calorie-burning capacity, SPORT Burn encourages the body to burn stored fat energy to fuel performance and anabolic muscle gains, expediting the body-chiseling sculpting processes of exercise.
Supplement Facts: Calcium, NutriGenesis® GTF Chromium+, Forslean® (Coleus forskohlii), HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate), Capsimax® Cayenne Pepper Extract, BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract
Best Pre-Workout for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain: Performance Lab® SPORT Pre
Not all pre-workout stacks have to come overloaded with caffeine and risky stimulants. Nor do they need artificial sweeteners, colorants, and preservatives that counterproductively impair digestive health and metabolic performance—two key factors of any successful attempt at acquiring a desirable body composition.
Delivering only all-natural ergogenics in all-natural, plant-based NutriCaps® capsules, Performance Lab® SPORT Pre is the healthiest and most effective pre-workout supplement stack for naturally boost aerobic and anaerobic exercise performance. From boosting nitric oxide levels to saturating muscle tissue with ATP-increasing creatine, SPORT Pre primes muscle strength and endurance with jitter-free sports nutrition. Safe for long-term use without any on/off cycling requirements.
Supplement Facts: Sodium (from Himalayan Pink Salt), NutriGenesis® Iron+, Setria® Performance Blend [L-Citrulline (Kyowa Quality®), L-Glutathione (Setria®)], Creapure® pH10, CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine, Maritime Pine Bark Extract, Himalayan Pink Salt
Best BCAA for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain:
Performance Lab® SPORT BCAA
With more athletes and exercisers taking BCAA supplements to maximize their strength gains and recovery, more supplement manufacturers are dishing out cheap BCAA supplied in skewed 10:1:1 ratios that overemphasize their L-leucine content, as opposed to the desired 2:1:1 ratio of L-leucine to L-isoleucine to L-valine. Performance Lab® SPORT BCAA, on the other hand, supplies the optimal research-backed 2:1:1 ratio for greater improvements in:
- Elevating intra-workout muscle strength and endurance
- Blocking muscle breakdown and post-exercise soreness
- Kickstarting anabolic muscle growth and recovery
The muscle-optimized design of SPORT BCAA’s formula matches the natural BCAA composition of muscle tissue. Especially when paired with SPORT Pre’s N.O.-boosting effects, these easy-to-absorb BCAAs work quickly and efficiently by rapidly absorbing into muscle tissue for fast-acting boosts on performance and recovery.
Supplement Facts: Branched-Chain Amino Acids 2:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine+ to L-Isoleucine+ to L-Valine+ (Ajipure® and NutriGenesis®)
Best Carbohydrate for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain: Performance Lab® SPORT Carb
Cutting carbs is a smart move to invoke ketogenesis, the use of stored fat as energy fuel; however, it’s a nightmare when it comes to exercise. We need carbs to sustain muscle endurance and prolong the onset of fatigue, both mental and physical. Which is why eliminating carbs altogether is a short-term strategy for long-term failure.
However, by taking an intra-workout carbohydrate supplement, you may still enjoy the intermittent fat loss benefits of ketogenesis while replenishing your muscle glycogen reserves during high-intensity training. With the right timing, Performance Lab® SPORT Carb may help you sustain high levels of strength, endurance, and athletic performance during exercise, whether you’re intermittent fasting or not. By using a simple + complex carb hybrid, this stack works quick but lasts long.
Supplement Facts: KarboLyn® (homopolysaccharide derived from potato, rice, and corn), Organic Ceylonn Cinnamon Powder
Best Protein for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain: Performance Lab® SPORT Protein
Performance Lab® SPORT Protein features Oryzatein®, the world’s first patented and organic protein powder made from organic whole grain brown rice. As an organic, plant-based alternative to the more popular milk-based whey protein, Oryzatein® isn’t only a cleaner, green protein option, but it’s also comparable to whey protein in terms of anabolic muscle gains.
Even better, Oryzatein®’s brown rice protein supplies a leucine form that absorbs roughly 30% faster than whey leucine.
No doubt, protein powder is a core staple of any workout supplement stack. Even supplement newcomers often begin by adding a protein shake to their post-exercise workout routine. However, for maximum weight loss and muscle gain results, SPORT Protein works best, thanks to this protein powder’s all-natural, plant-based formula that works without any of gut-damaging artificial additives or synthetic compounds.
Supplement Facts: Oryzatein® Certified Organic Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Himalayan Pink Salt, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Manganese
Best Post-Workout for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain: Performance Lab® SPORT Post
While pre-workout supplements prime thermogenesis and muscle strength, an effective post-workout stack promotes faster recovery and soreness reduction for a quicker, stronger return to action. At least, that’s the plan with Performance Lab® SPORT Post, the cleanest, smartest muscle-restoring post-workout formula that works by:
- Enhancing anabolic muscle growth and recovery
- Stimulating muscle stem cells and ATP energy
- Reducing muscle soreness and catabolism (breakdown)
- Replenishing electrolyte levels for better rehydration
By further encouraging the body’s metabolism towards anabolic muscle growth, SPORT Post quickens the recovery rate between workout sessions for an overall boost on energy expenditure and athletic performance. Though exercise gets all the attention (rightfully so) when it comes to weight loss and muscle gains, post-exercise rest and recovery are equally important.
Supplement Facts: Sodium (from Himalayan Pink Salt), NutriGenesis® Potassium+, Creapure® pH10, SR CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine, Ajipure® L-Glutamine, P40p™ Pomegranate Extract, Himalayan Pink Salt
Build muscle to burn fat—that’s the name of the game here. After all, with all your caloric resources constantly going towards building and maintaining muscle mass, what need do we have for excess fat storage?
The advantages of a leaner body composition aren’t only aesthetic, as well. Considering the importance of a healthy metabolism to virtually all bodily systems, as well as the health, fitness, and mobility advantages of decreasing your visceral (abdominal) fat, increasing your muscle-to-fat ratio may drastically improve your quality of life altogether.
A good way to increase muscle and reduce fat is to exercise. A better way is to exercise, eat a whole-food diet, and get better sleep.
But the best way is to do all of the above with the fat-burning, bodybuilding assistance of Performance Lab® SPORT supplements. Taken prior to exercise, during exercise, after exercise, and even on off-days, the Performance Lab® SPORT line of supplements may help nudge your body’s metabolism towards creating a leaner, meaner version of you.
The best part: all of these supplements work well together, resulting in zero negative ingredient interactions or toxic build-up. Only clean, green supplement synergy.
Take a look through the Performance Lab® SPORT catalogue to find the Best Combination of Supplements for Weight Loss and Muscle Gain that works best for you.
- Janssens PLHR et al. Acute Effects of Capsaicin on Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation in Negative Energy Balance. PLoS One. 2013; 8(7): e67786.
- Loftus HL et al. Coleus forskohlii Extract Supplementation in Conjunction with a Hypocaloric Diet Reduces the Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome in Overweight and Obese Subjects: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2015 Nov; 7(11): 9508-9522.
- Durkalec-Michalski K et al. The Effect of a 12-Week Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation on Highly-Trained Combat Sports Athletes: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study. Nutrients. 2017 Jul; 9(7): 753.
- Kurosawa Y et al. Creatine supplementation enhances anaerobic ATP synthesis during a single 10 sec maximal handgrip exercise. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003 Feb; 244(1-2); 105-12.
- Hwang P et al. Eight weeks of resistance training in conjunction with glutathione and L-Citrulline supplementation increases lean mass and has no adverse effects on blood clinical safety markers in resistance-trained males. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018 Jun 27; 15(1): 30.
- Ribeiro RV et al. Of Older Mice and Men: Branched-Chain Amino Acids and Body Composition. Nutrients. 2019 Aug; 11(8): 1882.
- Kanter M. High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance: Expert Panel Report. Nutr Today. 2018 Jan; 53(1): 35-39.
- Kalman DS. Amino Acid Composition of an Organic Brown Rice Protein Concentrate and Isolate Compared to Soy and Whey Concentrates and Isolates. Foods. 2014 Sep; 3(3): 394-402.
- Maté-Muñoz JL et al. Effects of β-alanine supplementation during a 5-week strength training program: a randomized, controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018; 15: 19.
- Zarfeshany A et al. Potent health effects of pomegranate. Adv Biomed Res. 2014; 3: 100.
- de Freitas MC et al. Capsaicin supplementation increases time to exhaustion in high-intensity intermittent exercise without modifying metabolic responses in physically active men. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2019 Apr; 119(4): 971-979.
- Henderson SH et al. Effects of Coleus Forskohlii Supplementation on Body Composition and Hematological Profiles in Mildly Overweight Women. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2005; 2(2): 54-62.
- Wilson GJ et al. Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) on exercise performance and body composition across varying levels of age, sex, and training experience: A review. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008; 5: 1.
- Gerlinger-Romero F et al. Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) on the expression of ubiquitin ligases, protein synthesis pathways and contractile function in extensor digitorum longus (EDL) of fed and fasting rats. J Physiol Sci. 2018 Mar; 68(2): 165-174.
- Burke DG et al. Effect of creatine supplementation and resistance-exercise training on muscle insulin-like growth factor in young adults. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2008 Aug; 18(4): 389-98.
- Jackman SR et al. Branched-Chain Amino Acid Ingestion Stimulates Muscle Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise in Humans. Front Physiol. 2017; 8: 390.
- VanDusseldorp TA et al. Effect of Branched-Chain Amino Acid Supplementation on Recovery Following Acute Eccentric Exercise. Nutrients. 2018 Oct; 10(10): 1389.
- Coyle EF. Carbohydrate supplementation during exercise. J Nutr. 1992 Mar; 122(3 Suppl): 788-95.
- Joy JM et al. The effects of 8 weeks of whey or rice protein supplementation on body composition and exercise performance. Nutr J. 2013; 12: 86.
- Varanoske AN et al. Comparison of sustained-release and rapid-release β-alanine formulations on changes in skeletal muscle carnosine and histidine content and isometric performance following a muscle-damaging protocol. Amino Acids. 2019 Jan; 51(1): 49-60.
- Ammar A et al. Effects of pomegranate supplementation on exercise performance and post-exercise recovery in healthy adults: a systematic review. Br J Nutr. 2018 Dec; 120(11): 1201-1216.