Nightly regeneration support for peak daytime performance*
Designed for Performance
Accelerates sleep onset by relaxing muscles and nerves*
Maintains deep sleep by soothing muscle and joint aches*
Reduces sleep-disruptive spasms and involuntary limb movements*
Enhances nightly cell renewal for revitalized next-day performance*
Healthy for Daily Use
Natural melatonin from premium CherryPURE® Montmorency tart cherry
Safe, non-habit-forming sleep support – no groggy synthetic side effects
Patented, clean and eco-friendly TryptoPure® L-Tryptophan by Ajinomoto®
Probiotic-cultivated BioGenesis® magnesium + prebiotic-infused Plantcaps®
Montmorency Tart Cherry,
50:1 concentrated ratio (CherryPURE®), 500 mg
Montmorency tart cherry is the richest natural source of melatonin, a hormone produced by the pineal gland that helps improve sleep time, quality and efficiency. Melatonin works by regulating circadian rhythm:
- Darkness stimulates melatonin release, allowing its mildly sedating, sleep-inducing properties to take effect;
- Light inhibits melatonin, which signals for the brain to wake up
Supplemental melatonin optimizes this dark-light/sleep-wake cycle, helping to:
- Induce faster, easier sleep onset;
- Establish and maintain healthy, consistent sleep patterns;
- Support sleep onset when melatonin release has been synthetically disrupted by nighttime use of light-emitting electronic devices.
Most sleep supplements use synthetic melatonin. Performance Lab® Sleep’s natural tart cherry-sourced melatonin is superior – supplying a minimum effective dose for optimal sleep benefits without the morning grogginess and brain fog sometimes associated with synthetic sleep aids.
In addition to supplying melatonin, Montmorency tart cherry supplies anthocyanin antioxidants, which have inflammation-modulating activity that helps promote night-time muscle and joint comfort – further supporting sleep quality and optimal nightly regeneration.
The Montmorency variety of tart cherry is the richest botanical source of melatonin. CherryPURE® is a pure, premium, 100% natural and additive-free Montmorency tart cherry powder concentrated to a 50:1 potency. Performance Lab® Sleep’s 500 mg of CherryPURE® supplies the equivalent nutrition found in a 25g serving of Montmorency tart cherries.
L-Tryptophan for Melatonin:
L-Tryptophan works together with tart cherry to optimize sleep hormones: It effectively raises serotonin levels, which in turn stimulates the pineal gland’s production of melatonin.
Magnesium (from Magnesium Bisglycinate 300 mg, Magnesium Taurate 200 mg, BioGenesis™ 200 mg), 100 mg
The essential mineral magnesium is a cofactor in hundreds of life-sustaining bioactivities, including several that help with falling asleep and staying asleep. Magnesium works by:
- Calming excitable nervous system impulses that are transmitted across neuromuscular junctions;
- Supporting the soothing muscle relaxation that precedes sleep onset;
- Directly relaxing vascular smooth muscle cells, supporting the gradual drop of blood pressure that precedes sleep;
- Blocking neuromuscular transmission and reducing acetylcholine activity, helping with sleep-disruptive involuntary muscle twitches and periodic limb movements.
Ongoing sleep problems have been linked to magnesium deficiency. Performance Lab® Sleep’s advanced magnesium matrix restores this key mineral and all its benefits for deep, regenerative sleep.
About Performance Lab® Sleep Magnesium
Plain magnesium is only 30-40% bioavailable. Performance Lab® Sleep addresses this concern by supplying three advanced, high-absorption magnesium forms:
- Magnesium Bisglycinate is a chelated form bound with glycine (another sleep-supportive amino acid), to protect the mineral from stomach acids, enabling greater absorption in the intestines.
- Magnesium Taurate binds magnesium together with taurine, an amino acid that promotes the relaxing and calming brain chemical GABA for additional sleep onset support.
- BioGenesis™ Magnesium is our proprietary magnesium grown on lab-cultured probiotics, producing a nature-identical mineral form with enhanced bioavailability.
Magnesium + L-Tryptophan for Serotonin:
Magnesium serves as a cofactor in the conversion of L-Tryptophan to serotonin, a key brain chemical for relaxation, melatonin release and sleep.
Stress and mood imbalances are major sleep disruptors. Poor sleep quality then leads to daytime irritability – creating more stress that worsens sleep patterns further. The amino acid L-Tryptophan helps break this unhealthy stress-sleep cycle with versatile mood and sleep support, working by:
- Converting in the brain into 5-HTP, which then converts into serotonin: an important brain chemical for positive mood, relaxation, and sleep;
- Converting into melatonin in the GI tract while also optimizing the pineal gland’s natural production of melatonin.
As it promotes synthesis of these complementary, sleep-supportive brain chemicals, L-Tryptophan promotes a bright mood in the daytime, calm sedation at bedtime and normal circadian rhythm to maintain healthier sleep patterns over time.
About Performance Lab® Sleep Magnesium
TryptoPure® is made by Ajinomoto®, a leading global innovator of amino acid supplements. TryptoPure®is produced with Ferment-A-Pure™– a patented, eco-friendly process that turns non-GMO and gluten-free vegetables into amino acid dietary supplement ingredients that are consistent, bioavailable and highly effective.
Take Performance Lab® Sleep to fall asleep faster, extend regenerative sleep phases, and wake up rejuvenated and primed to perform.
Stack Performance Lab®
Performance Lab® Whole-Food Multi supplies NutriGenesis™ nature-identical vitamin and mineral core essentials, including foundation nutrients for tissue growth, repair and development. Performance Lab® Sleep helps to extend the deep, regenerative sleep phases where these tissue maintenance bioactivities are performed.
Performance Lab® Whole-Food Multi also augments Performance Lab® Sleep’s magnesium, offering additional mineral support for sleep-enhancing muscle and nervous system relaxation.
Performance Lab® Mind and Performance Lab® Sleep work together to optimise brain health and cognitive performance.
Performance Lab® Mind helps activate and energise brainpower during the day. Performance Lab® Sleep then sedates and relaxes the brain for deep regenerative sleep phases, where Performance Lab® Mind’s structural brain nutrients nourish brain recovery and replenish depleted brain chemicals. Sleep is key for cognitive vitality.
Performance Lab® Sleep promotes a well-rested brain for Performance Lab® Mind’s brainpower-boosting formula to build upon.
Insufficient sleep and poor-quality sleep have been associated with reduced exercise tolerance. Performance Lab® Sleep helps body and mind to wake refreshed, energised and primed to perform. Performance Lab® Sport Pre amplifies your well-rested physical and mental vitality with additional support for muscle power and endurance.
Together, Performance Lab® Sleep and to help you enter the gym fully prepped for an explosive, highly energised workout.
When taken together, Performance Lab® Sleep and Performance Lab® Sport Post help with recovery after exercise by restoring depleted nutrition and extending regenerative sleep phases.
Performance Lab® Sleep’s 2X melatonin support also helps recovery; in addition to being a sleep nutrient, melatonin is a growth hormone that helps to encourage lean muscle development.
Performance Lab® Sleep Magnesium also supplies core support for protein synthesis and cell formation that helps optimise muscle repair during sleep, further complementing Performance Lab® Sport Post’s muscle-building activity.